Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5.9

It doesn't seem like a very big number....but as far as earthquakes go- it's big enough.

Big enough to feel...even though at first I thought that my washing machine was off center.

Big enough to scare me once it was all over and I realized what it was.

Earthquakes and Virginia don't typically end up in the same sentence. Today they do for the 1st time in 100 years.

Thankfully though, not big enough to cause significant damage or harm anyone (that I'm aware of).

And, as you can see from the below text from my friend Jess- not big enough to stop a woman on a mission.

"Just tried to text you back but it won't send. You ok? I was in line at Brusters when the earthquake hit. Don't worry, I still got my ice cream."

Hope you and your family are safe tonight!!

1 comment:

Dee Stephens said...

We even felt it here in Charlotte! Shenanigans!