Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Did you mean- Glamour Shot?

I had my hair cut/highlighted today. Let me be clear and say that I adore my stylist and love my salon. I'm also a huge fan of a free service. So, when I saw a woman from the TIGI/Bed Head company doing complimentary make up....I figured why not. Besides, I didn't want to be rude and say no- I pride myself in being a valued client.

Sooo- she did my makeup- and everyone at the salon said wonderful things....but I just couldn't get past what I perceived as a TON of make up on my face. In fact, I described myself to friends as a 2 bit hooker- with amazing hair.

Anyway- they asked me- "do you think your husband will notice?"
And I said, "Ohhh, yeah, he'll notice."

When he walked in, he took one look at me and said, "Didju get your hair done today?"
My response, "Yes, you like?"
And he said- "What'd they do....GLOW SHOTS while you were there??"

Um- "you mean GLAMOUR SHOTS? And no....no shots- just free makeup"

His response?
"Well, your hair looks good"

And there you have it, if you can't say something nice.....

I think that's reason # 439 that I love the guy!

4 comments:

melissa said...

Now that is hilarious... But I ask, in all seriousness, where is the picture?

Yay Georgia power!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh this made me laugh out loud. I want to see a photo. Sorry you have Plantar Fasciitis too. It stinks!!!

Jodee Leader said...

Oh my word! That is sooo funny! Your hubby is a keeper!

for the love of a house said...

omg... too funny. maybe he thought y'all were doing liquor shots and that is why your face had so much "color" to it!! Cuz a martini does give me a little glo;)
you have plantar fascitis?? I had it several years ago. I would literally sit and cry some days. So sorry. Took 11 months and then one day it was just gone... go figure. Hope yours is gone quickly.
xoj.