Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas House

There are six shopping days left until Christmas.
I'm working on five of them. Hmpfff. I may need to make a few changes to my schedule.

At least my house is ready for the festivities.
Every year I want desperately to join on of the blogland Christmas Tours- and each year I miss the deadline.

That's ok though.
Better late than never.

DSC_0217_8379

Nothing says welcome to our home like a Christmas wreath (for the first time in FOREVER I have a faux wreath....I usually make my own but sometimes cutting corners makes more sense).

DSC_0235_8397

A little bit of tree and our living room mantle.

DSC_0220_8382

I always use a white poinsettia in our entryway...and add a little bling to make it sparkle.



The bannister gets gussied up too!

When Cooper was little, we lived in another house and we had a sweet grandmother of a woman who lived across the street. Cooper loved her and the feeling was mutual. She gave him a nutcracker when he was 3 and he was obsessed with it. Santa saw an opportunity and brings him a new one each year.

DSC_0202_8364

They sit on the kitchen windowsill now, but next year we'll need to find a new spot. Wonder who will join the lineup?

And on the other kitchen window....

DSC_0208_8370

I'm not a huge fan of the nandina bush itself....but I LOVE using it at Christmas. The bunches of red berries are so festive and they're great in arrangements.

I don't have a picture of the whole tree (I'm having trouble with my camera and it's not cooperating AT ALL!).

DSC_0230_8392

Our tree has red balls, white lights and ornaments collected over the years. Santa also brings Cooper a special ornament each year. One of my favorites was this golf cart that magically looks just like ours!! That Santa- he's a whiz with a paintbrush.

DSC_0233_8395

Our house wouldn't be complete at Christmas without the creche.

DSC_0229_8391

It's my absolute favorite...made to match the one my parents have and handmade with love by their dear friend, Uncle Phillip.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Hope your home does too-

1 comment:

Dee Stephens said...

Everything looks GREAT! love the traditions that you do with Cooper. On my after Christmas list is to find a nativity scene 1/2 price.
We need one!