Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the tackier, the better!!

We're white light tree people at Christmas. Well, I'm a white light tree person- Jon would love colored lights just like the ones he grew up with but that's not happening. I did give in a little bit and the tree in Cooper's room has colored lights.

But although I don't like them for myself, I LOVE colored lights for other people and my motto is, the tackier the better. Our city is all about people decorating with a colored light (or 700,000 of them) and every year streets are jam packed with hundreds if not thousands of people who love to look at them just like me.

And really....who could blame them.

LOOK!


We take a tour of all the tacky lights with the F's each year and this is always the last stop on the tour. It's legendary.



As if it wasn't enough that the mom and dad lit up their house each year to the delight of thousands...when the son got married, he and his wife bought the house next door and now it's a two-fer.

Seriously- it's hard to put into words....



I snapped this of the F's. Aren't they great?



Where is my family?? Sadly they were in the car. We stopped for cocoa mid-trip and in a horrific chain of events I slammed Cooper's fingers in the door. In 9 years of that kids life that's never happened. I wanted to die- poor little thing. After some ice, hot cocoa, 2 motrin and a giant chocolate chip cookie to dull the pain he was fast asleep in the back of the car recovering from the injury.

I managed to muster up some happy though, and posed for this shot with Jess. It was taken by her son- and was truly a laughable moment!



Not lots better than spending time with good friends & celebrating the season!

2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I would like to put colored lights up outside next year too! Brad.. not so much! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Ah...these pics make me smile :) Good times with dear friends. Your brave boy handled his injury like a true warrior. Merry Christmas!