Sunday, March 11, 2012

Photography Class- Moms Mastering Manual

I got my new camera on Thursday...just in time for the photography class I signed up for on Saturday! Denise and I are sorority sisters and she's got a fantastic photography business just a few hours away. In a crazy twist, Dana (who lives in the UK) saw that Denise was holding a class and thought Diana and I would be interested. We were!! Don't we look like eager students? DSC_0262
The goal? To leave the class with an understanding of how to shoot in manual mode and nail the focus and exposure on my photos. This is one of my 1st "successes"! DSC_0043 Denise had help from Kristol, another local photographer and crafter extraordinaire and together they taught us the fundamentals, patiently waked us through our cameras and answered all of our questions. Once we were armed with the process, we headed out to put our skills to the test. Kristol whipped up this super fun centerpiece for us....with M3 on each of those little cameras (which she made herself) Sigh- some people are so talented! DSC_0267 Denise took us to some of her favorite places to take pictures and had models come for us to use as guinea pigs. I was nervous and determined to get it right. I took over 250 pictures....and love some of my results. DSC_0075 one of my 1st shots... DSC_0125 love that I was able to get the light reflecting in her eyes! DSC_0209 his too! DSC_0180 Aren't these little girls were adorable...they didn't seem to mind at all that 10 of us were snapping pictures inches away from their faces. DSC_0181 Yes, that is a train speeding by....we were steps away from the train tracks and such the paparazzi. It did seem though after a while that the train would never end.... DSC_0194 love her face (she was asking her mom when the train would stop!) DSC_0114 This one is a little blown out in the background, but I still like the shot a lot. Such a great day, such a great group of ladies, such a super opportunity to learn AND spend time with great friends! DSC_0264 Thanks Denise- we had a blast (and can't wait to practice even more)!

4 comments:

RiverCityWallers said...

So jealOus of this!!! And the new camera! Can't wait to see it!!

Christa said...

Awesome pictures! Are you changing your profession? You could they are so good. And you took good pictures before the class. Keep taking photos ... I will keep looking.

Denise said...

Love all of your pics...I think you "got" it! You came into the class with a ton of skills already my friend, just keep practicing:) It was so much fun to see you and spend some time together!

for the love of a house said...

Looks like fun!! You're still my camera guru- as you told me how to put the lens on my camera;);)

cbf,
joan