Sunday, March 20, 2011

Early Morning Exchange (or, Men are from Mars)

I've debated on whether to post this....I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea about my sweet hubs...and it does sort of call into question his humanitarian qualities. He really does have lots of them.

But, if you can instead focus on the difference between how men and women communicate and think about things, it may shed some light on questions that roll around in your head on any given day. I know it did for me.

And, it made me laugh for a good 10 hours.

I was ironing my clothes when I got this message.

From: Jon
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 06:51 AM
To: Carolyn
Subject: (none)

a strange car pulled into the house next door with the old woman....he appeared quickly, got out of the car and headed towards her house.
have you seen any activity?


WHAT???
I responded back with this-

From: Carolyn
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 06:53 AM
To: Jon
Subject: (none)

It was the paper man. He delivers to her door.


And then I read the message again.
And again.
And I started to laugh.
I read it again...and kept laughing.
And it dawned on me that we were speaking two different languages (again).
And so I send this message to him.

From: Carolyn
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:21 AM
To: Jon
Subject: Re: (none)

Honey- do you find anything mildly hilarious about your message?? I cannot stop laughing!


And this is what I got back-

From: Jon
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:54 AM
To: Carolyn
Subject: RE: (none)

uh not off the top of my head....I thought she might be dead



Are you kidding me?? You thought she might be dead???
For the love...
My reply-

From: Carolyn
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:38 AM
To: Jon
Subject: RE: (non)

honey- do you mean that you thought she have already died and the man in the strange car was coming to check on her??

because the way I read it was....

hey- i saw a strange car and a man outside of her house and I'm hoping that he hasn't gone in and killed her....and I noticed it but I was in a hurry to get to work and didn't have time to stop so I'm checking with you to see what the status is......hopefully he didn't come next door and get you and coop too.

I do LOVE YOU!


From: Jon
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 08:43 AM
To: Carolyn
Subject: RE: (none)

Now that is funny....as I re-read it that is the way it sounded!


From: Carolyn
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:46 AM
To: Jon
Subject: Re: (none)

Seriously- you are a riot.
I am snorting.


And the very next message I got.....

From: Jon
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:04 AM
To: Carolyn
Subject: RE: (none)

Is anyone you know there a notary? We need to have that form notarized and send it back in.


Just like that, we're onto a new topic.

So, a few things about the above.

1) Our neighbor is quite elderly and rarely leaves her house. She's had a few incidents where the rescue squad has come to help her, but she seems to be doing well as of late.

2) If you're one of the two neighbors who does read my blog...I promise, if you needed help, Jon would be the 1st one to save the day (as long as it wouldn't make him late to school. In that case, you'd need to rely on me!)

3) This explains a ton about the differences in women and men- A TON. It reminds me that I shouldn't read so much into some of the things that Jon says- he's truly not thinking the same way that I do.

4) One of the things that I adore most about my hubs is that he does make me laugh SO MUCH. He can put a smile on my face for the entire day with a simple sentence.

5) If he thought that someone was really trying to hurt his family, he'd do anything and everything to keep us safe. This story wouldn't be nearly as funny if I didn't believe that with every ounce of my being.

Anywhoo- men are from Mars.
No doubt about it.

Happy Monday!

No comments: