Sunday, December 5, 2010

transforming

Last year I entered the Christmas season with a newly transformed living room care of Layla at The Lettered Cottage. Oddly, I have no recollection of what we did with our furniture when we put the Christmas tree up. This year, I've been planning the room for weeks and could hardly wait to start moving things around.

Here is where I started....

full view

And this is an as-is shot after I started shoving things into their new positions.

DSC_0272_1907

Something about moving furniture and spiffing things up really fills me up with happy! So does getting and decorating our Christmas tree.

Clearly it does the same for the rest of my family-

My sweet hubs donned some festive attire (I'm not sure what came over him!)

DSC_0276_1894_edited-1

And Cooper has been wearing this hat since we brought the boxes out of the attic.

DSC_0287_1905

In between furniture moving, we decorated the tree. The living room was a disaster but we were singing and trimming and loving every minute of it.

DSC_0281_1899_edited-1

The reveal will have to wait...things aren't quite ready yet, but we're getting there.

And it sure does make me smile.
Family time, Christmas time, happy time.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: