Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday (100th post)

When I logged in today I realized that this is my 100th post- who knew??

I haven't been keeping track really but I'm so proud of myself! I started my blog to remind me of the little joys in life and to hold myself accountable for being thankful and not taking things for granted. It has become a place for me to do this, but also to record our lives, the things that make me laugh (and cry) and a way to keep in touch with friends/family. I love this place- I feel at home.

Lots to be thankful for....2 top the list-

I work at home on Wednesdays. Angela called to check on me and asked if I was in the mood for a bagel. Sure! Within minutes she delivered a hug and a warm bagel to my front steps. I have been slammed completely annihilated at work lately, and this kindness was almost too much to manage. I felt wrapped in a hug for the rest of the day. Thanks Ang- you can't know how much that meant. I am thankful for my wonderful friends.

Cooper had spring break this week and my incredible parents came down last Friday to spend the night and take him home with them for a visit. I realize what a gift this is- and I am thankful in so many ways.
I love that Cooper has the chance to spend quality time with my parents- they are his only grandparents- and know that each minute builds amazing memories. I want this for him and equally for my parents. They have a bond that warms my heart.

I love the time that Jon and I get to spend as a couple. Although we worked all week, each night was spent at a favorite restaurant or with friends enjoying adult time without worry and babysitting costs. We are refreshed and reminded of how much we still love each other. Sometimes it's hard in the day to day- this time is so important for us and makes us better parents, partners and friends. I am thankful for my parents, their health and their willingness to be the best grandparents imaginable!

Hope you're having a good week!

No comments: