Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Last Thursday was a bad day....someone at work made me cry. A lot. Really, I should have blown it off because it wasn't worth my tears or my time.
At all.
But I couldn't- and it consumed me.

Cooper realized that my day wasn't good and asked me what was wrong. So I said that I had a bad day at work.
And he said, "momma, did you get fired?"
And I said, "oh gosh no! momma didn't get fired"
And he said, "oh. i wish you did- because then you'd be able to spend more time with me"

And, the crying started all over again.

It was a wake up call. And a kick in the stomach.
And I know that I need to make a change.

So I'm trying-
I'm setting limits, and saying no, and stopping the madness.

It's been a week....and things are getting better.

I'm thankful for the kick...to make me see what the issues are, and for helping me to get back to being me!!

I'm thankful for that sweet little kid, who with his 7 year old wisdom put things into perspective for me.

I'm thankful for my husband- who tries to support me in the best way he knows how.

I'm thankful for my friends....what would I do without them???

And my mom....goodness, I love you mom!!!

2 comments:

Lora said...

sounds like you had a full week and lots of revelations!

I get really sad when my son asks me to quit work or take a day off, and he's just dying to spend more time at home. But, I'd be a mental case if I didn't work so I keep the job. The heartbreak is wearing me down though, so I totally hear you on this.

Jennifer Barnum said...

How is it that our little kiddos know just what we need to hear at the perfect time? I hope you have a fabulous Mother's day because you are one fabulous mother!