Saturday, November 15, 2008

Catching Up!

It's Saturday morning and the leaves are blowing around, the wind is warm and the colors are amazing! Cooper is playing on the floor in the family room and Jon is working on an exam for his class. Me? I am enjoying the quiet and loving the peacefulness that is my family this morning.

We ended our week with a family outing to the movies to see Madagascar 2. We don't go to the movies that often and for some reason, Cooper looked so little in the seat- staring up at the giant screen, engrossed in what was happening. He was obsessed with sitting in the 9th row before we got there- we actually sat in the 5th row (counting from the back). About 40 minutes into the movie, I realize that he's looking all around and thinking. And then he leans over and says, "momma, we're only in the 5th row, can we move to the 9th row instead?" I got so tickled- there were people in the 8th row and I couldn't help but think how crazy they will think it is if we move to sit directly in front of them when there are only about 25 people in the whole theater. Tickled to the point that I'm laughing hysterically and I cannot stop. Jon thinks I've lost my mind and Cooper is ready to pick up his lemonade and change rows. We get ourselves together and stay put for the remainder of the movie. After it's over, we walk up to the 9th row. Turns out, one of Cooper's friends had lost a ball in the 9th row when he went to see Madagascar and Cooper told him that he'd look for it. Sweet kid. (and nope, no sign of the ball)

The fall has been incredible- and a rite of passage for every child has to be jumping in the leaves. Don't you remember how much fun it always was??





I didn't do my Thankful Thursday post this week, but there are a few I wanted to mention.

My parents left this week to go to Egypt- the trip has been planned since last year and my mom's accident left them wondering whether they'd be able to go. I'm thankful that she's back to almost 100% and that she felt strong enough to go. They are both excited and this trip is an amazing one- Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Israel. They've only been gone for 5 days but already I miss being able to talk to them. It's going to be a long month!

They aren't the only people traveling this week.....Dana & Brian (and their son Kaneu) are headed to Korea to meet their little girl (and sister)! Am excited for all of them- and thankful that they are able to expand their happy family.

Say some prayers for safe travels for all of them.

Cooper has had a better week- I am thankful for the resilience of children and for some fantastic parenting advice that I sought out and am using.

I was able to spend some time out with the girls on Thursday. As a thank you for the Auction success at Cooper's school, Kristin treated the rest of the committee to dinner at PF Chang's. Love that place! I'm thankful for some girl time and the opportunity to continue to build new friendships. We laughed and stuffed ourselves with lettuce wraps. What could be better!

We're off to the river to relax and recuperate. Cannot wait-

No comments: