Sunday, June 21, 2009

40

I'm 40. I don't really feel different than I did when I turned 39 (at least not yet!)

Jon has been making me a cake for my birthday since we got engaged. I adore the tradition and the labor of love that it is.
He missed one year- the year that Cooper was born.
I cried.
It could have been the postpartum hormones- whatever the reason, he's never missed a year since.

My cake this year was fabulous! They've all tasted wonderful (my favorite is white cake), but the decorations are always a gamble. This year he made a smiley face with the shape of 40 and embellished with candles- lots of them.
He's creative that one!

DSC_0783

Cooper helped me to blow out the candles.

DSC_0791

Jon took me out for tapas on the 18th and so my celebration with cake was at the river- complete with my parents and our river family. It was a special night!

2 comments:

The Browns said...

Happy Birthday you two!!

PS - You look great in the last pic...and your eyes look super, super blue! Is it that fancy new camera or a side effect of being 40??

carolyn said...

Hmmm- I think its a combo deal.

1) sun
2) shirt that highlights eye color
3) fancy new camera
4) amazing lighting of 40 candles on cake!!!