Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 in 40

My sacrifice this year for Lent is to give up sweets (yes, coincidentally the day AFTER I ate the last piece of Caroline's cake).

This year, I'm adding something to my journey.
I'm going to run 40 miles in 40 days. So, 40 in 40.
Is it a big deal? For me, yes- and that's why I'm doing it.

I'd love to say that I started off strong today.
But I didn't.
I went into sugar dt's around 6:30pm. It wasn't pretty.
I was able to fight the temptation and didn't eat sweets...I did however eat a 1/2 loaf of asiago boule that was delicious.

I had to phone a friend (thanks Sarah) to talk me down.
And, just when I thought I was back on track- my darn treadmill malfunctioned and I kept blowing a fuse.

Grrrrr.
It's day one, I'm having sugar withdrawals and I'm now working on 40 in 39.

Here's hoping that your Lenten sacrifice is meaningful and getting off to a better start than mine.

No comments: