Thursday, February 16, 2012

thankful thursday

I used to post a regular list of things I'm thankful for....it was my way of reminding myself how much is going right even when things sometimes seem wrong. Just because the posts aren't there doesn't mean that the thoughts don't run through my head- it's just harder sometimes to get them written down.

I'm trying to be diligent. It truly does help me to "be glad"

I'm thankful for-

My parents safe return to the US (and that they had a great trip)
Books that suck you in and make you excited to turn each page
Crock pot meals
Coaches who build confidence (and who schedule amazing facilities to play in!)

New jobs for people I care about
Bonus checks!
Mild winters (and the thought of spring just around the corner)
Little boys who google lifes most important questions
Lip balm
Dinner by candlelight on Valentines Day

Friends who meet for a chat and impromptu Mexican
New neighbors who drop in to say hi
A holiday....NO WORK ON MONDAY!!
Teacher Appreciation Week (and the best Librarian on the planet)
A husband who never wants to lose at racquetball....especially to his nephew (yes, those ARE the shorts he played in)

I'm also thankful that he didn't lose. His comment when he couldn't move the next day was, "I'm in so much pain...BUT I WON!!!" Goodness, I love that man!

Hope you have a long list too!!

No comments: