Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Edie & Cheeseburger Soup

Things tend to come in 3's.
My most recent evidence in this phenomenon involves "Edie".

I love the blog called Life in Grace (for some reason I can't get Blogger to insert my link so if you want to read Life in Grace visit my sidebar). It's written by a woman named Edie and I'm a little (maybe a lot) inspired by her. She has great style, strong faith, a quirky sense of humor and is intense in her beliefs about everything from religion to educating her children and the color pink she chose for her laundry room/study. She's also a fabulous hostess and often has recipes that make me drool. More about her in a sec.

Sarah and Wade have a cat named Edie. She's quite possibly the best cat ever- which is saying a lot since cats are generally a pretty run of the mill bunch (no offense to any cat lovers who may be reading).

That's 2 Edie's......

The 3rd Edie stares at me from within the freezer section of the grocery store. Yup, Edie's Ice Cream. Typically Edie's Ice Cream doesn't impact me much either way- except that since I gave up sweets for Lent I am HAUNTED by her day and night.


Anywhoo...back to Edie and her blog.

About a month ago Edie posted a recipe for Cheeseburger in Paradise Soup. Anything that references Buffett is worth a second look in my book. It also called for 2 cups of kale, of which I now adore. I pinned it immediately and couldn't stop thinking about it but couldn't get myself together enough to make it.

Until Sunday.
I bought the ingredients....and Jon was instantly on board!

DSC_0053

It calls for a beer- because what cheeseburger is complete without one?

DSC_0061

Kale, cheese, ketchup, onion....this is sounding easy and delish!
Add ground sirloin, frozen hash browns, a squirt of mustard, some garlic and chicken stock....

DSC_0055

And it's starting to look just like Edie's picture!

Does the story have a happy ending?

Well, I'll give it a B, maybe B+.
DSC_0062

I wanted to love it...but I didn't. It's chock full of kale and cheese and potatoes and it was good.....but not as good as I wanted it to be. Have you tried it? Did I do something wrong?

I loved thinking about it for a month and I'm so glad I tried it.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

As for the 3 Edie's though....still love them ALL!!!

No comments: