Thursday, March 11, 2010

2- 4- 6- 8-

Who do we appreciate??

MY PARENTS!!!

Cooper has spring break this week (although why in the world his break is so early and technically not even "spring", I will never know). Since his break doesn't work with our schedules it does present a bit of a problem.

Enter my fabulous parents. For the past 3 years, they have graciously offered to have him spend the week with them. And it's a vacation for ALL of us!

Jon and I reconnect...we go out to eat, sleep later, watch what we want to watch on tv and talk only about grown up things.

My parents do all sorts of fantastic things with Cooper and get their grandchild fix.
And Cooper? Although he does have bouts of homesickness now more than when he was younger- he soaks in the spoiling and the love like it's his job.

What could be better?

I am thankful that my parents are able to spend such quality time with our son, that they can keep up with him because they're in fantastic shape for grandparents, that they adore him regardless of his sometimes crazy antics and that they understand the win/win that it is for Jon and me.

Although work this week has been a bear for both of us, I am thankful that I'm able to come home to a smiling hubby who has our evenings all planned out. They are full of things that remind us how much we really do like each other!

Cooper comes back tomorrow.....and we can't wait to see that little kid- with fresh eyes and appreciation for how great he is. We'll all be rejuvenated.

Thanks Mom & Dad!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

I think one of the nicest things about having one kid is the willingness of others to take him for extended stretches.

No one wants my friends' packs of children for a week. That's a lot to handle. But my one boy child? He gets week "vacations" a couple times a year. And that means I do too! I love it!

Enjoy your time!

The Browns said...

Love this!! Win-win for everyone is right!

for the love of a house said...

What a gift for all of them- making sweet memories that will last a lifetime!
joan