Tuesday, April 26, 2011

spelling matters....so does grammar

I got this message from someone on my team late this afternoon. Names have been changed to protect the innocent (and the spelling challenged).

************

From: Tracey
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 04:48 PM
To: Carolyn
Subject: FW:

Example of why this temp will not be a good resource for written communication to associates :)

From: Charlie (TEMP)
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:40 PM
To: Tracey
Subject:

Hi mz tracey this is just a reminder that I will be leavin early tamarrow at 11 I hav a appt to get some lab work done and to meet with my case worker. Bt I will be coming in at regular time in the moring.

***********

So, when Cooper asks me why he has to write his spelling words 3x each....and why he has to use proper punctuation.....

I'll be able to tell him.

It's because spelling and grammar matter- and because I never want you to send a message like this.

EVER.

1 comment:

The Browns said...

this still cracks me up - and completely freaks me out all at the same time!

BTW - Anything ironic about your use of a dash in the following sentence?? It's because spelling and grammar matter- and because I never want you to send a message like this.

I'm not sure when it happened but somewhere along the way dashes started taking the place of commas, semi-colons, and periods. It's 2011's ...