It's been so cold...the kind that makes you want to do nothing but stay inside and eat.
Winter is not my friend.
And although I quickly forget about it come April, I absolutely think that I've got Seasonal Affective Disorder.
According to Google, these are the symptoms-
* Afternoon slumps with decreased energy and concentration
* Carbohydrate cravings
* Decreased interest in work or other activities
* Depression that starts in fall or winter
* Increased appetite with weight gain
* Increased sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness
* Lack of energy
* Slow, sluggish, lethargic movement
* Social withdrawal
Please refer to symptom #2.
As of late, I've been obsessed with carbs.
Carbs are not my friend either (please refer to symptom #5 & #7)
And so to fight it, I try to bring a in a little spring inside whenever I can.
One of my favorites is to bring branches from our quince bush inside to force. It's so simple- and free!
Another frequent visitor- tulips (not free, but reasonably priced at the grocery store).
They bring a smile- and a reminder that spring is on its way- and it's only a matter of time before SAD turns to GLAD!!!
Do you do anything to get you through the winter?